Thursday, June 14, 2012

Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo/Conditioner Review

Hello all!

Today's post is a review of the Redken Blond Glam shampoo and conditioner, which I've been using for about two weeks. Before I dive into the review, here's a little background info on my hair: natural color, thin, rather limp, tends to get dry at the ends.Well, now that that's out of the way, on to the review!



I really like these products. They make my hair feel incredibly soft and nice. I don't think that they weigh my hair down at all, which is a big plus for someone whose hair already lies pretty flat on their head. I also feel that it enhances the natural highlights in my hair, and makes it look very shiny. They do have a scent, but I can't really describe it. Not a bad scent at all, just not your typical shampoo smell. Prior to these, I had been using the John Frieda blond shampoo and conditioner for almost two years, and I still adore and highly recommend those (particularly if you're on a budget, see below). In a weird way, its almost like they enhance my blonde in different ways, if that makes sense. Both great in their own rights, but there's something about the way my hair looks and feels with the Redken products that makes me like them a wee bit better.

The one downside? At about $18 a bottle, this stuff ain't cheap, especially compared to the $5 a bottle my John Frieda cost. I hate to say it's worth the price, since its an obscene amount (at least to me) to spend on shampoo, but I do really, really love these products. I gripe about the price, but I know that once I've used these up I'll be all to happy to fork over the cash for new ones. These are also not the easiest things in the world to find, or at least they weren't for me. I found them in my grocery store by chance, but I haven't seen them anywhere else and Redken doesn't allow you to buy anything from their website. A little searching, though, and I'm sure you'll find out where to buy them in your area.

Any questions, just leave them in the comments :)

-Seraphine

No comments:

Post a Comment