Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cheap and Chic OOTD (from 6/15/12)

Hi guys!

This is a belated outfit of the day from Friday, which I had every intention of posting, but my computer got a terrible virus and was being fixed until Sunday, by which point I completely forgot about posting this. But better late than never! This outfit is all Forever 21 (well, the clothing is, at least!). The skirt is the same one as my nautical OOTD, but, as you can see, I've styled it a bit differently. I am a big fan of blouses that tie at the neck, and the fact that this one was coral and had butterflys all over it sealed the deal for me. Love it! (the fact that my one sad picture covers up the bow tie kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Sorry about that!)


Sorry for the lack of pictures, I took this very quickly on my way out the door and forgot to take additional ones when I got home, as I was totally distracted by my computer mayhem.

Top: Forever21 (link) (this top is sheer, so I wore a plain white cami underneath)

Skirt: Forever21 (link)

Shoes: Tory Burch (link)

Med Alert: Lauren's Hope (link)

Earrings: My earrings are simple, faux pearl studs that I got at a boutique near my university (I think they were $10, but I them on sale for $5). These ones by Forever21 are pretty much the same

Makeup: See my Everyday Work Makeup post; Today I'm wearing MAC's blush in Stunner on my cheeks, and Lancome's Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Corail in Love (this is one gorgeous lipstick, review coming soon!) with Clinique's Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss on top

Since my outfit is so Forever21 heavy, allow me to share my philosophy on said store with you. I believe that, when shopping at Forever21, you need to take your time, search every rack, and try everything on. You never know what hidden gems are lurking behind that display of hideous sequined club dresses, and you may think that top looks great, until you try it on... Keep in mind, too, that not everything is so well made. I recently got an adorable blouse (link), that I can't zip by myself because the zipper gets stuck (not because it's too small or anything, but because the seam is cheaply made). It's a tough store to shop online, too, because a) trying things on is important, and b) their website is extremely overwhelming. But I love Forever21, and I think they have great stuff, if you have the patience to find them!

-Seraphine

No comments:

Post a Comment