Friday, June 8, 2012

Everyday Makeup Routine For Work

I'm the first to admit I am not a morning person (nor am I a night person... I'm more of a middle-of-the-day person. But I digress), so when it comes to doing my makeup for work, I have a routine down pat that is easy enough to do when I'm sleepy. My internship is actually away from home, so I wasn't able to bring too many products (which is why my makeup posts are a bit repetitive at the moment!), but I planned it out so that I have everything I need to look polished for work.

1. Foundation routine: My foundation routine is always the same: MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50, Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, Maybelline Dream Lumi-Touch concealer under my eyes, Physician's Formula Conceal RX on blemishes, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, Clarins Bronzer in 10 Morning Sun (a must have for pale ghosties like me!)

2. Eyebrows: I'm not one to fuss with my brows, since they're fairly thick to begin with, but I usually run a tiny bit of my Essence Brow Pencil (mine was called light brown, but I believe it's now called blonde? Not really sure, but it's whichever one's lightest) with Essence Brow gel to hold them in place

3. Cheeks: Either MAC Stunner (LE, sadly!), or MAC Dame, depending on whether I want a pinker cheek or a peachy-pink ( I know, the difference is astronomical ;) )

4. Eyes: Too Faced Natural Eye palette, and I mix up what colors I use daily. One of my favorite looks (borrowed from an older video of Michele1218's) is Silk Teddy on the Lid, Velvet Revolver in the crease, and Erotica in the outer corner, with Heaven as a highlight (if you work in a  conservative office environment, I would forgo any shimmery shadows and just work with mattes). I finish off the eyes with one coat of Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara

5. Lips: This is where I mix it up the most, but I've especially been liking Milani's Lipgloss in Whisper. I always prep my lips beforehand with my EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet (I think that's what it's called? Its the light pink one!)

And there you have it! I find that the whole routine doesn't take me too long to do, since I pretty much have it down to a science. If you have less time but still want to look polished, I recommend just lightly dusting Push Up from the Too Faced Palette all over your lid, and eliminating the foundation, bronzer, and second concealer from the routine (whichever one you need less!). Quick tip: lay out your makeup the night before so that you know exactly what you want to use in the morning. This has helped me a lot throughout the school year to avoid falling into a makeup rut!

-Seraphine

No comments:

Post a Comment