Sunday, June 10, 2012

Current Loves

Hello all,

Having just narrowly missed the time for May favorites, I figured I would do the next best thing and talk about the products I'm currently loving instead. Namely:



Redken Blonde Glam shampoo/conditioner: I don't want to talk about this too much here, since a review on these products is coming soon, but I am loving this shampoo and conditioner combo! If you have blonde hair, they are definitely worth checking out.

Lush It's Raining Men shower gel: If you like the smell of Honey I Washed the Kids soap, then this, my friends, is for you. I'm actually surprised its taken me so long to try this, since I love its soapy counterpart (they have the exact same scent). But lets face it, shower gels are easier to use, better to travel with, and moisturizes your skin much better than a soap. This shower gel smells so amazing, and while it's a tad expensive, for a shower gel, Lush products always seem worth the indulgence to me.

P2 Perfect Face Makeup Fixing Spray: Like MAC's Fix+, this spray is designed to spray before or after makeup to help it stay on longer and give a dewy finish. My skin has been especially dry and flaky this past month (thank you, Accutane), and this has been an essential part of my daily makeup routine. My face looks so much nicer and glowier with this on, and I look fresh rather than made-up. Since I've never owned the MAC version, I can't say how it compares, but I love it as a product and will be sad once I've used it up (P2 products are only available in Germany, unfortunately).

Clarins Bronzer in 10 Morning Sun: I only use bronzer during the warmer months, and this bronzer has been perfect as a starter bronzer, so that I don't go from super pale to super dark in a day! It is fairly light, which I love since I am very very pale, and it has almost a satin finish (it comes off more matte than shimmery, but it's not completely matte, either). To me, this is the perfect, subtle bronzer.

Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette (not pictured):  With all this warm weather and sunshine, I've really been into using golds and bronzes on my eyes, and this palette is perfect for this.While I tend to neglect anything but the two left and two right columns, I still highly recommend this palette. And $20 for 88 shadows? Can't beat that!

And for non-beauty related faves:

Downton Abbey: I know, I know, you're sick of hearing about this show already. It seems like everyone and their mother is jumping on the Downton bandwagon and singing its praises. Well, add me to that list of fans! It is such a smart show, everything is carefully thought out and executed, and the attention to detail is extraordinary. Only downside: US viewers have to wait until January to see the next season :(

Summer!: On the back of a rough semester at school, I have never been happier to be on summer vacation. The good/lazy times haven't lasted too long, since I got my wisdom teeth out a week after I got home, and  I started an internship this week, but even that is a refreshing change from my college schedule (class, study, sleep, repeat).


What stuff are you all enjoying lately?
-Seraphine

No comments:

Post a Comment