Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Very First (Work) OOTD

Confession: I may be the most unphotogenic person ever. Seriously. I am one of those people who just can't take a good photo, and believe me, I try! I was desperately perusing my pictures to try and find something suitable for my first post, and the only quasi-decent thing I found is almost a year old. Not only that, but my camera (iphone) quality is pretty terrible. Note to self: buy a real camera! To sum up: don't expect anything but mediocre photos from me. That being said, here's my first OOTD! I work in a pretty relaxed office, so this might not be appropriate for every work environment. However, I think just changing from shorts to pants would make this appropriate for more conservative offices. Keep in mind that all but the first photo were taken at the end of my workday, and the rest were taken at the end so all of my makeup is gone and my hair is a wreak (in other words, ignore my hair and face!)


Awwwkward camera angle, trying not to have my phone in the shot


Hi there! Man, do I look tired...


Top: Zara  (link) This top is way more coral in person than it is in these pictures

Blazer: Zara (link)

Shorts: J-Crew (link) One word of caution, these shorts crease like no one's business. Felt a bit embarrassed when I got up from my desk and saw how unkempt I looked. And not sure if you can tell by the pictures, but they are in fact high waisted.

Shoes: Tory Burch (link) My second pair of these shoes (as I wore out/destroyed my first), and let me tell you, these are without a doubt the best shoe purchase I have ever (and possibly will ever) made. They go with everything, can be dressed up or dressed down, and are very comfortable. If you only buy one pair of high-end shoes, make it these!

Bracelets: My mom got these for me in Charleston, South Carolina last spring, so unfortunately I don't have a link on where to get them :( I'm sure if you google it you'll find something similar.

Med-Alert: (link) This is the cutest med-alert ever, and everyone mistakes it for a Tiffany bracelet, which is a plus. I can't find the exact one I have, but I've linked something almost identical from the same website that I bought mine from.

Makeup (not that you can see it!): MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51, Physicians Formula Conceal RX in light/medium (on blemishes), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer (under the eyes), MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in light, Clarins Bronzer in 10 Morning Sun, MAC blush in Stunner, Too Faced Natural Eye Palette (Silk Teddy on lid, Push Up in crease, Coco Puff in outer corner, and Heaven as my highlight), Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara, MAC lipglass in It's a Wow

-Seraphine

2 comments:

  1. I love your flats, ahh I want them so much.

    They are the prettiest things I have ever seen in my life.
    I looovvee your blog btw,

    Check my blog and follow if you like it :)
    http://traintostyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete