Friday, June 8, 2012

OOTD: Nautical Inspired

Ahoy there!

Today's OOTD is somewhat nautical, which I did not do on purpose. I only noticed it after I got dressed and realized how sailor-y I looked! The blazer is an old favorite of mine that I got at H&M two years ago (which has a sailor vibe all on its own, seeing as the buttons on the blazer have ship steering wheels on them...), and I usually pair it with jeans or a jeans skirt. Today I mixed it up a little for work, and wore a new, navy blue skirt from forever21. The skirt is a little mod, but it doesn't steal focus from the busy blazer, and, unlike some forever21 items, it actually feels very well-made. I love the way this outfit looks on, and the pop of a bright tank top makes it look so young and fun. Incidentally, the skirt and the tank top look adorable paired together on their own, but adding the blazer made the outfit more worky and less casual (I took the last two pictures at the end of my day, so sorry for the wrinkles!)



Top: Hollister (no longer available, but any bright tank from any brand would work)
Blazer: H&M (no longer available, unfortunately!)
Skirt: Forever21 (link)
Shoes (not pictured): Silver Tory Burch flats (link) (I told you I wear them with everything!)
Earrings: Anthropologie (link) These earrings a such a fun twist on classic pearls, and I wear them all the time
Med-Alert: see previous OOTD post



Makeup (Something from MAC's Hey Sailor would have been appropriate, but I didn't buy anything from that collection): MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50, Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in 51, Physicians Formula RX concealer in Fair/light (on blemishes), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer (under eyes), Clarins Bronzer in 10 Morning Sun, MAC Dame blush, MAC mineralize eyeshadow trio in Love to Love (LE), Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara, MAC Beachbound lipstick (LE), Milani lipgloss in Whisper

-Seraphine

No comments:

Post a Comment