Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm Back!/ Accutane Update

Hi guys! (if anyone is still reading this, haha!),

I'm back from vacation, so that hopefully means I'll be back to posting regularly again. I did some great shopping while I was away, especially makeup stuff, so I'll be sharing that soon. Since I passed the two month Accutane mark while away, I wanted to give an update on how it's been working for me.

My dermatologist reduced me from two pills to one for my second month, and I have to say that definitely improved the dryness on my skin and lips. My lips are still dry and chapped, but nowhere near as badly as they were before, and the dry patches on my skin have pretty much disappeared. Yay! Unfortunately, the acne itself is another story. It has gone away drastically on my back, which is great, but it's worse than ever on my face. In the past few days it has cleared up a bit, but I'm still disappointed with that. But it has only been two months, so I've still got a ways to go!

By the way, if anyone is experiencing severely chapped lips, good old Carmex works wonders. This stuff is old news, but I only tried it after someone recommended it in the comments on my last Accutane post. Thanks :)

-Seraphine

No comments:

Post a Comment