Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipcolor: Corail in Love

I have been lusting after this lipstick for months, but I had only ever seen pictures and swatches online, and I almost never buy based on that alone. Who knows what the product looks like in person, or on your own skin? Plus, if it's a more expensive product, I don't want to waste your money on something I don't like. But anywhoo, I finally got the chance to swatch it a few weeks ago in Sephora, and it was everything I hoped for.

Ladies (and gents?), let me present to you, Lancome's Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Corail in Love




This is my first ever high end lipstick purchase (not counting MAC), and I am definitely impressed. It has a lovely, glossy sheen when applied, and I love the color. Coral, but not too coral, and bright, but still wearable (you can always tone down the brightness even more by using a light gloss. I've been loving the Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss on top) . Its a bit of a departure from my normal, neutral-pinky lipsticks, and I mean that in a good way. If I'm going to spend a lot of money on a lipstick, I'd better not have the same one already in my collection! As far as longevity is concerned, I wore this one day, didn't touch it up once, and I noticed that my lips still had traces of coral after about 10 hours and eating in between. Not bad! The packaging is cute too, with the little seam running down the back, and I love the sleek silver. These lipsticks are $25, and are available wherever Lancome is sold.


I am very interested in the other shades in the line... I love the look of Sequence in Love (the one Emma Watson wears in the ads), but I'm not sure I can pull off a red!

-Seraphine

2 comments: